Learn How To Convert A Video To Play It On Your Iphone
IPhone 4, the word is enough to attract attention of all techie Smartphone lovers. Its sleek design and superb touch screen complimented with extraordinary features gives its users a whole new experience of using a smart phone. Apple had undoubtedly launched a Smartphone that the generation has been dreaming of. Its differentiating features including video conferencing, universal messaging, eBooks, movies, videos and a whole fascinating world of applications, made iPhone 4 on of the most selling Smartphones.
Many people use their iPhone 4 to watch movies and videos, its wide screen and flawless resolution provide a perfect platform for video lovers. But like any gadget, this Smartphone too has certain compatibility issues and can run videos in specified formats only. So the challenge is to convert the incompatible videos to compatible formats and enjoy videos on iPhone 4. Let us see how that is possible:
Currently 3 Formats Compatible With Iphone 4 Are As Follows; (As Mentioned On The Official Website)
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1
Audio: AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo
File types: .m4v, .mp4, and .mov.
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile
Audio: AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo
File types: .m4v, .mp4, and .mov.
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second
Audio: ulaw, PCM stereo
File type: .Avi.
Any video that is not in the above mentioned formats cannot be directly played on iPhone, one has to first convert it to a compatible mode and then play it. Conversion activity can be divided into two major steps, converting the video on your system and transferring it to your iPhone via iTunes. Consider the following steps for converting the video.
- First and foremost requirement for conversion will be a video convertor. It is better if you install an iPhone media convertor rather than installing a generalized video converter for Mac.
- Now open your video file in the convertor. You can do it by clicking on “Add File” on User Interface.
- Once you have added your file to the convertor and it is ready to be converted, you need to select any of the above mentioned formats. Select a format based on your video preference. Most recommended format is “iPhone MPEG-4 Movie”. It will provide you a high quality video while using minimum space in the memory
- Press “Convert.” Conversion time will depend upon file size and the required format
- Once the file is ready, you have to play it through iTunes. Launch iTunes and go to “Add File to Library” shown under “File” bar. You can also just drag and drop the video icon in iTunes
- Now to transfer the video to your handset, connect your iPhone to your computer and transfer through iTunes.
- You have the option to Sync all or any specific file on your computer. If multiple files are transferred to iTunes, go to Movies tab, press Sync Movies and then click All Movies
So next time you are unable to run a video on your smartest Smartphone, don’t freak-out and try above mentioned seven steps.
Brandon is a tech blogger who loves to write on latest in technology and gadgets. He regularly uses video2mp3 converter to convert his favourite videos to Mp3 format.